The Arizona Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (AHPCO) is the statewide nonprofit membership organization of hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in Arizona. Founded in 1982 as the Arizona Hospice Organization, we added "palliative care" to our name to reflect the range of care and services our members provide. AHPCO is an incorporated nonprofit (IRS 501c3) entity with a volunteer Board of Directors and a paid Executive Director.
Mission | Guiding Values | Bylaws | Board of Directors | Staff
AHPCO is dedicated to advancing quality end-of-life care and serving as a voice and resource for its members and the communities they serve.
The Arizona Hospice & Palliative Care Organization Board of Directors has developed the following guiding values to help focus our efforts on accomplishing goals in our Strategic Planning.
- Quality hospice and palliative care that meets the standards of practice as defined by NHPCO.
- Uniformity in the application of rules and regulations that affect the delivery of hospice and palliative care.
- An open exchange of information among all groups and individuals interested in hospice and palliative care as an element of a comprehensive continuum for total health care.
- Progressive and accessible education to enhance skills and knowledge in the provision of hospice and palliative care.
- A medical and general community well informed regarding the eligibility, benefits, and availability of hospice and palliative care.
- Sufficient funding to support the Organization's Strategic Plan.